Is there an alternative to glass bottles in bioprocess?
Glass bottles and containers were traditionally and still are being used in Biopharmaceutical companies due to the chemical compatibility they provide. However, with the ongoing issue of the glass breaking during storage and transportation many are seeking a chemically compatible high-purity polymeric alternative.
- Human error – dropping / in-correct packing
- Glass delamination
- Product contamination during dispense / filling
The Entegris NOWPak® offers a single-use liner-based containment and dispense system that insures the product is fully protected without the risk of contamination.
- Durable plastic overpack provides a safe alternative to glass bottles
- Collapsible liner system maximizes process fluid usage
- Sealed dispense pathway reduces external contamination
- Unique key coding helps prevent dispensing the wrong material
- Amber color HDPE overpack for light-sensitive process fluids
- Ultra clean liner with low extractables
- All PTFE and PFA wetted components allow use with a wide range of process fluids
- Overpaks can be recycled and liners consolidated for cost-effective disposal
- Canister system includes a pressurizable stainless steel overpack with a flexible single-use inner bag, a diptube, a closure and a dispense connector, 4, 10, 20, 40 and 200 liter sizes
- Bottle system includes an HDPE overpack with a flexible single-use inner bag. The diptube is typically permanently attached to the dispense connector used by the end user. Capable of pressure dispense at low pressures for a limited amount of time. Available in 1, 2.5, 4, 10 and 20 liter sizes
- Single-use inner bag (Fluoropolymer or PE based) can be pressurized to push material out, or a pump can also be utilized to pull it out
- Components work together to deliver critical materials with purity, green, safety, and process efficiency
High Purity Applications
- Liquid chromatography
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing
- DNA/RNA synthesis
- Peptide synthesis
If you want more information on the Entegris NOWPak Liner-based Bottle System please contact us in Ireland: +353 21 4510900 or UK: +44 1633 877505 or fill out our enquiry form.
Entegris® and NOWPak® are trademarks of Entegris, Inc.