Buffer Preparation & Storage
Buffer preparation is the process step where one flushes out materials and waste to regulate and control pH, which is necessary for developing your drug and storage. Furthermore, buffer prep is for the stabilization of reactions in different steps during the bioprocess.
For buffer preparation, one starts with mixing powder and fluid, like water. After doing this step, the mixed solution from the bag or carboy is brought to the bioreactor. The mixed solution can be transported using a pump or gravity and Single Use instruments such as flow, pH, pressure sensors, etc can be utilised to ensure everything is working correctly.
Assemblies for Buffer Preparation
- Single-use product transfer assemblies; transporting buffer to a reactor
- Single-use Buffer transportation assemblies
- Single-use bottle assemblies
- Single-use bag assemblies
- Biopharmaceutical TPE tubing ; to create a sterile closed system for transporting the buffer to the bioreactor by welding.
- Silicone tubing: This is more common use in standard applications for transporting the buffer, you don’t have to weld.
- Pump-grade tubing has been developed for peristaltic pumps. It is designed to hold many hours of pump duration.
- 2D and 3D Single-use bioprocess bags are available up to 2000L and are designed for the preparation, storage and transport of buffers and biopharmaceutical solutions.
- 2D Rockerbag for cell culture applications.
- Cryo bags are available for up to 20L to store the biopharmaceutical products at -85°C.
- Sterilizing grade filters from Parker can be used for sterile filtration of your biopharmaceutical solution before transportation to the bioreactor.
- Levitronix – pumping the biopharmaceutical preparation towards bioreactor
- This single-use / multi-use pump system with magnetically levitated bearing less motor technology can be very useful for transporting your buffer to the bioreactor