Mammalian cell harvest by centrifuge has been displaced by depth filtration. The technique of centrifugation is based on the principle of density difference between particles to be separated and the medium. Centrifugation is mostly used for separating solid particles from the liquid phase (fluid/particle separation). Depth filtration uses single-use plastic pods that have no reusable wetted parts. These depth filter pods are held in a vice-like holder because the plastic housings themselves do not have the required pressure capacity. Depth filtration is an adequate alternative to centrifugation, although somewhat expensive.
Microfiltration (MF) membranes can be used to harvest cells from mammalian and bacterial cell cultures to provide a cell-free medium (containing the biopharmaceutical product) for the downstream purification and concentration steps.
- Transfer assemblies
- 2D bag assemblies
- Single use Bottle assemblies
- Centrifugal tube assemblies for harvesting
- Platinum cured silicone tubing
- Pump-grade tubing has been developed for peristaltic pumps. It can withstand many hours of pump duration
- Biopharmaceutical TPE tubing; to create a sterile closed system by welding 2 pieces of TPE tubing to each other
- Sampling bottle system available from 60mL bottles to take a sterile sample of the product to check the quality
- Sampling bag system from 50mL bags to take sterile samples of the product to check the quality
- Prefilters (as built-in or separate) are available to remove products from the solution
- Sterilizing grade filters have been specifically designed for the effective and economical processing of difficult-to-filter solutions
- Filters for microfiltration to harvest cells
- Dept filters to harvest cells
- Our single-use/multi-use pump system with magnetically levitated bearing less motor technology can be used to create a flow. The flow can be measured by single-use sensors, which can be connected to monitor the pump.
Plastic Fittings & Connectors
- Sterile connectors can be used to connect tube to tube or to connect tubing to the column to maintain a fully closed, sterile system
- Bioprocess Couplers/fittings (Y pieces, Tee’s, reducers etc) are available to connect tubing to tubing or to connect tubing to the bioreactor. These couplers can be used to make your single-use assembly
- Inline single-use sensors to monitor the pressure, flow, conductivity, pH, Temperature, and turbidity to measure the harvesting conditions